I have over 15 years experience as a disability inclusion specialist, with three social organizations under my name as the founder.
My competencies span across the following topics:-
Diversity and Inclusion
Disability Employment and Innovation
Disability Rights Advocacy and Policy Development
Social Movement Building
My professional and career journey
Co-Chief Executive & Tranformation Officer
ADD International , April 2022 to-date
Program Officer,Disability Rights
Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa, April 2019-to April 2022
Disability Inclusion Advisor
Light for the World Netherlands ( Now SEE You Foundation), March 2018 to March 2019
Founder & Executive Director
Action Network for the Disabled, February 2008 to February 2018
Disability Rights Fund (Boston), Jan 2008 to 2013
- Senior Atlantic Fellow 2017-2018 for social and economic equity
- Cordes Fellow 2017 cited as an exceptional social entrepreneur working towards poverty alleviation and economic justice for persons with disabilities.
- 2017 Shortlist for the Africa Prize for Engineering and Innovation ( Riziki Source)
- Elected Ashoka Fellow in October 2012 for system changing work on disability and employment.
- YouthActionNet Global Fellow 2009/2010 by the International Youth Foundation